Saturday, February 02, 2008

Silent Poerty Reading

Thanks to the Yarn Harlot, I just discovered that there is a silent poetry reading going on. I don't think I'm breaking the rules, but I am actually going to post a song. Music and poetry are so intertwined, that I don't think I'll be questioned. This song was written for me and about me by the inspiring Rachel Tavares. At the time she was Rachel Hodges, but what hasn't changes is what an incredible woman she is. She was only a part of my life for two weeks, but she completely changed the way I viewed my self. She made me comfortable in my own skin.


Well she's kickin' herself
and she tired of life
and she's asking for more and
maybe she's right
'cause life isn't perfect
but it can get damn close.

So she's up every mornin'
and working from dawn
Tryin' to better herself and
she's moving on
There's hell at her back door
and she keeps it locked down tight.

Chorus
And she screams:
What do you do when ambition's up late?
What do you do when you can't even think straight?
I filled up my damn plate hours ago
and now there's overflow
but I keep piling on.

So she looks in the mirror
and she puts on her face
and she brushes her hair as
she curses this place
Just gotta keep movin'
Can't stand to waste her time.

Chorus

So she's runnin
there's no use denying it
nobody's hiding it
it's nothing but fact.
She's stunning
clad in success dreams
the rarest of life's themes
the underdog wins.

Chorus

2 comments:

Tim Sisk said...

so, all i need to do is post a poem? I can do that. also, the link you gave me on your post on my last blog doesn't work. can you repost it?

s.elva said...

I remember when you showed me that poem several years ago, and thinking how could I have missed seeing so much? It came at a time when I felt that I had no sense of emotional judgment whatsoever, so I didn't know what to say or make of it. You are a beautiful person and a good friend, but you are also not afraid to pursue your goals wholeheartedly. Thanks for sharing this reflection of you then and now.